Meteor 2.5 released?

Hi,

Yesterday i check the changelog of meteor and saw the 2.5 release Changelog | Meteor API Docs

I’ve successfully update to this version using meteor update --release 2.5

Now my coworkers can’t upgrade with the following error

Sorry, this project uses Meteor 2.5, which is not installed and
could not be downloaded. Please check to make sure that you are
online.

On github + meteor changelog the release is created but i can’t find it on npm.

Is meteor 2.5 released ?

Meteor 2.5 is released. NPM installer is updated once a release is recommended.

Thanks for the reply.

Do you have an idea why my coworkers can’t upgrade with the commande meteor update --release 2.5 ?

online.

They are online and the internet connection is good.

Try creating a new Meteor project on that machine and see what version of Meteor it defaults to. Then try updating that application.

What is the OS?

It’s macOS, the cli detect that meteor 2.5 is released. We got the message Downloading meteor-tools@2.5 after some time we got the message

online.

I am having the same issue.

Are you using Mac with M1 or Intel?

Meteor is not supported on M1 yet (probably we will be able to support it in the next release).

Are you using Mac with M1 or Intel?

Meteor is not supported on M1 yet (probably we will be able to support it in the next release).

1 Like

Just to explain a little bit about meteor npm package:
Meteor NPM package is just an installer, it’s not really Meteor so its version is not that important. You can install any version of the installer and later use meteor itself to have a different version of it.

But I believe there is something else happening in your co-workers machine. I released 2.5 my self and I tested everything on Mac (I’m a Mac user) and I just re-tested everything and it’s working fine.

Could you post here what are the commands that they are running?

If you already upgraded Meteor they shouldn’t upgrade again as you are saying “Now my coworkers can’t upgrade with the following error”. They should just run the app and Meteor should get the new version automatically.

It was always working until now. We are on unbuntu 14.

Thomas Doki-Thonon

It’s a Mac with an Intel processor.

My coworkers doesn’t run the update command first, only meteor run the download didn’t seems to start and failed (no network usage).

We found a workaround we uninstall/reinstall meteor on their machine.
With this workaround the meteor run command successfully download the 2.5 version.

We also tried to create a new meteor app in a temp dir it doesn’t work either (no download)

1 Like

Same issue on Windows

1 Like

Sorry, what was the issue for you? You also had to uninstall and install Meteor to use 2.5?

I was having the same issue with our co-worker’s VM and tried meteor reset, removing node_modules and nothing worked.

I tried npm install -g meteor and was having issues as I was logged in as root.

Instead I used the legacy installer curl https://install.meteor.com/ | sh which was able to remove and reinstall meteor fine.

Now it seems to work again.