Meteor + Android SDK + Java JDK + Gradle - compatible versions?

Is there a up-to-date page somewhere which lists compatibility versions for getting Cordova to build with different versions of Meteor, Java, Gradle and tarket Android SDKs?

With old code on a new machine I’m trying to upgrade an app from Meteor 1.9 to 2.15, so I can re-build the Android app for SDK 33 so I can update the app in the App Store so it’s downloadable on newer versions of Android.

The Meteor Mobile guide mentions “Meteor 1.4.3.1” at the latest, so that smells very out-of-date to me!

My latest attempt which at least gets to the gradle build stage is with the following versions:

• Build machine: Windows 11
  • Meteor: 2.15
  • android-minSdkVersion: 22
  • android-targetSdkVersion: 33
  • java -version: “11.0.14” 2022-01-18 LTS
  • gradle -v: 8.7

But gives this error:

W20240505-11:52:38.986(12)? (STDERR) Debugger listening on ws://127.0.0.1:9229/15191cce-e2ce-4bf1-a626-4ca7b0e9007f
W20240505-11:52:38.999(12)? (STDERR) For help, see: https://nodejs.org/en/docs/inspector
Using Android SDK: C:\Users\cmori\AppData\Local\Android\Sdk
%% Reading build config file: C:\xxx\.meteor\local\cordova-build\build.json
Reading build config file: C:\xxx\.meteor\local\cordova-build\build.json
   Starting app on Android Emulator          -
FAILURE: Build failed with an exception.

* What went wrong:
BUG! exception in phase 'semantic analysis' in source unit '_BuildScript_' Unsupported class file major version 66
> Unsupported class file major version 66

* Try:
> Run with --stacktrace option to get the stack trace.
> Run with --info or --debug option to get more log output.
> Run with --scan to get full insights.
> Get more help at https://help.gradle.org.

Deprecated Gradle features were used in this build, making it incompatible with Gradle 9.0.

You can use '--warning-mode all' to show the individual deprecation warnings and determine if they come from your own scripts or plugins.

For more on this, please refer to https://docs.gradle.org/8.7/userguide/command_line_interface.html#sec:command_line_warnings in the Gradle documentation.

BUILD FAILED in 766ms
=> Errors executing Cordova commands:    
=> Errors executing Cordova commands:

While running Cordova app for platform Android with options --buildConfig,C:\xxx\.meteor\local\cordova-build\build.json,--emulator:
   Error: Command failed with exit code 1: C:\Gradle\gradle-8.7\bin\gradle.BAT -p C:\xxx\.meteor\local\cordova-build\platforms\android wrapper -b C:\xxx\.meteor\local\cordova-build\platforms\android\wrapper.gradle

(I’ve removed all Cordova plugins from the .meteor/cordova-plugins file for now, to avoid compatibility problems with the old plugins I was using. I’ll update them once I get the main source building…)

Before I keep digging, I though it would be useful to know what versions of the various tools are known to be compabitle with each other.

Maybe someone with a relatively recent version of Meteor can tell me what versions of the other tools you’re using and what Android SDK you’re targeting?

Thanks!

edit: Gradle vs Java compatibility matrix here: Compatibility Matrix