Meteor App not working, Is meteor Down?

Currently my app is not live. I am not even able to stop and start my app. Anyone else experiencing this?

I believe there is maintenance going on right now. You can subscribe to email updates somewhere… I’m not sure it should be down though.

I can’t deploy my galaxy app. Looks like some sort of major Galaxy infrastructure thing going on:

http://status.meteor.com/

I wish they put this app under maintenance, instead of “502 Bad Gateway: Registered endpoints failed to handle the request.”

1 Like

I’ve not known mine to go down before. I wish it wouldn’t say

502 Bad Gateway: Registered endpoints failed to handle the request.

I’ve not experienced downtime, but I have had a couple of people complain that they just see a white screen with the error message:
Oops, looks like there's no route on the client or the server for url:...
Seems like a DNS issue on Galaxy’s end that occurs when they’re moving stuff around. People that see it think our site is down.

I’m getting the same message too. Glad it’s not just me.

Oddly my other app is up and working fine.

They should create a package so you can setup a custom page that says “we’re doing maintenance” when galaxy is down like this… instead of the 502 thing. It makes you look unreliable to your app users.

EDIT:

back up again now

And I am back live now! :slight_smile:

Production outages are not cool.

3 Likes

Was this the “legendary” Galaxy production that was down? I initially understood that this was a misunderstanding about the free hosting that is shutting down

We couldn’t deploy yesterday either.

Error deploying application: Service temporarily unavailable. Please try again later.

It was a scheduled maintenance, during which containers got restarted (and in the progress some other architecture elements could not work). Not ideal, but all providers have to do those from time to time.

Ahh, if it was scheduled that all is good

Ahh ok. Would every customer have gotten an email? (maybe our devops guy missed it) Or is there a news feed we should subscribe to?

You can subscribe to updates on http://status.meteor.com page. Otherwise I think MDG / Galaxy team should comment on that one :slight_smile:.