Meteor Client Bundler deprecated?

I am trying to build an app with Quasar+Vue in the front-end and Meteor in the back-end using the Quasar CLI to build the front-end and Urigo’s Meteor-Client-Bundler to build the back-end.

When I do: npm install -g meteor-client-bundler, I get the following warning:

npm WARN deprecated core-js@2.6.12: core-js@<3.23.3 is no longer maintained and not recommended for usage due to the number of issues. Because of the V8 engine whims, feature detection in old core-js versions could cause a slowdown up to 100x even if nothing is polyfilled. Some versions have web compatibility issues. Please, upgrade your dependencies to the actual version of core-js.

Does this mean that the meteor-client-bundler is no longer maintained and no longer usable with the current Meteor version 2.7.4?

Yeh it appears so because it hasn’t had a commit in 2 years bro, although the error is from this package core-js - npm I guess you can first update your 2.6.12 to 3.23.3 and give it another whirl. Probably still going to not work but at least you tried.

It appears that is not being maintained, the owner is only updating some dependencies and the last commit as @truedon said is from 2 years ago. I’ll do some testing with it to see if it still works

Thanks for the answer.
The only mention I found of core-js in the repository is in the yarn.lock file which is automatically generated, as dependencies of babel-register@^6.26.0 and babel-runtime@^6.26.0.

So I am not sure how to try this update you are suggesting. Perhaps changing “babel-core”: “6.26.3” in the package.json file by "@babel/core: : “7.18.6”?

As you can see I am completely lost :confused:

The error message said this. I’m just working with what it told me. The problem here is a outdated package is trying to work with updated packages. It’s a common problem.

Just spitballing here - Why can’t you just use the meteor build or a gulp or webpack pipeline for this?