Meteor crashing EEXIST, symlink

My Meteor app started crashing with the error below. It’s affecting all my branches, even older stable branches. Does anyone have advice? I can’t start or update Meteor.

/Users/test/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.3.4_3.127d5ti++os.osx.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.osx.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:165
throw error;
^
Error: EEXIST, symlink ‘/Users/test/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.3.4_3.127d5ti++os.osx.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.osx.x86_64/dev_bundle’

Meteor 1.3.5.1 was released yesterday. Try updating to that version first to see if it fixes your issue. There were a handful of recent changes to the way the dev_bundle is handled/symlinked.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip hwillson! I uninstalled and reinstalled Meteor 1.3.5.1, and left my app at 1.3.2.4. This is now working on my local machine.

To better understand Meteor, do you know how changes to the dev_bundle affect an existing release? My assumption was that changes come through future releases, but, in this case, a change in the dev_bundle affected a stable release. It seems like, in Meteor, there are bundles within an existing release that could change behind the scenes. Am I understanding this correctly?