Meteor create --apollo, Not Yet Compatible with Meteor 3.0?

I updated the Meteor create --apollo sample app to Meteor 3.0. There was a build error because it includes the Meteor package ‘swydo:graphql’, which required fibers.

I removed ‘swydo:graphql’, and then got a “cannot find file” import error in the file ‘apollo.js’ on the line:

import typeDefs from '/imports/apollo/schema.graphql';

…in the file:

server/apollo.js

Questions:

• Does the Meteor create --apollo sample app require the Meteor packge ‘swydo:graphql’, or is it just in there by accident?
  • Why would removing that package mess up a file import?

@StorytellerCZ, I see from this post that you have updated the apollo skeleton to use async for Meteor 3.0. If I run meteor create apollo-app --apollo, do I get your latest update yet?

If you are on the latest RC, then you should get it.
Here are the relevant PRs:

The problem still remains with swydo:graphql for which I have PR here:

So it looks like that @denyhs forgot to update the skeleton with the interim compat package. Looking at it, this should eirther become an official package like apollo or be adopted by MCP.

https://packosphere.com/compat/graphql

1 Like

@storyteller, I have a PR for [Meteor 3] Apollo skeleton upgrade.

• Updated for Meteor 3rc0
  • Does not require Meteor package swydo:apollo
  • Demonstrates that Meteor.user() cannot yet be accessed in resolvers

Do I need a username/password to submit it as a pull request?

1 Like

You can open a PR to the Meteor repository. Check here how you can do it

1 Like

Hmmmm… I haven’t modified the Meteor code that runs when `meteor create apollo-app --apollo is run - only the final app, e.g. “apollo-app”. So really this wouldn’t be a pull request at all.

Uploads here don’t permit .zip files. Where is a good place for me to upload my (very slightly) modified apollo-app?

https://docs.github.com/en/pull-requests/collaborating-with-pull-requests/proposing-changes-to-your-work-with-pull-requests/creating-a-pull-request

Or just commit your changes into a branch and share the branch here

Thanks!

If you are suggesting an update, why are you not creating a PR? I am actually confused on what you wanted to do

Great question. I have two goals:

1. Provide an easy demo to see that Meteor.user() is not yet accessible in resolvers, as it has been with Meteor v1 and v2.
  2. Show an easy way to remove swydo:apollo from the Apollo skeleton app.

Help the devs who will review/check this easy way that you created. How can you help them? With a PR. At the very least, create a PR of the change itself to quickly see what you changed. As of now, you do not even have a PR to review on your own branch on what you did change.

Right you are. Here is a repo with main == meteor create -apollo untouched, with a second commit with the minor changes.

Here’s what you see when you run it:

1 Like