Meteor create app in windows == uninstall and install meteor again?

Hi,

I don’t create new meteor apps ofter, very couple of months. But when I do it on my Windows machine I need to uninstall meteor, install it again and then I can create the app. Otherwise it will be stuck at Extracting meteor tools forever.

Is there any solution to this? This problem has occured atleast for 1 year and on 2 different computers with Windows 7/10.

What I have tried so far:

Installing new version of git – didn’t work
Removing and installing again 7zip --didn’t work
Removing 7zip from C:\Users\name\AppData\Local.meteor\packages\meteor-tool\1.4.3_1\mt-os.windows.x86_32\dev_bundle\bin --didn’t work

Only thing works is uninstalling Meteor but then im able to create only one new project. Creating one new project will break it again.

I’m using Windows 10 64bit.

Still facing this issue.

Today I have spent few hours with this and I have done the following:

1. Uninstall/install GIT
  2. Uninstall/Install 7zip
  3. Install different versions of 7Zip and replacing the one in meteor tools folder
  4. Uinnstall/Install Meteor

Nothing helps, still stuck in extracting meteor tools. Anybody else facing this issue?

Yes I have the same problem.
Infuriating.
I don’t have Git installed.
Windows 7 64 bit.

There seem to be other oddities with Windows where packages work but show errors.
Did you get it fixed?

I have never faced that problem. Using windows 10. Can it be something related to the way npm or Meteor is being installed?
Also, if not already, can you check the thread here and see if it helps: