Meteor deploy with 1.4.4.1 fails [SOLVED]

I was just trying to deploy my upgraded app to galaxy and ran my meteor deploy script and it bombed with this. Anybody know how to fix this? The meteor-portable-1.json file in question has only the word true in it, which isn’t json as far as I know

/Users/jhm/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.4_1.1ygrsyx++os.osx.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.osx.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:190
      throw error;
      ^

Error: ENFILE: file table overflow, open '/Users/jhm/.meteor/packages/webapp/.1.3.15.xcvdlh++os+web.browser+web.cordova/npm/node_modules/csrf/.meteor-portable-1.json'
    at Error (native)
    at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:549:18)

This doesn’t look good. Just tried to create a new project and the same error happened

 meteor create test1441 --full
{ [Error: ENFILE: file table overflow, uv_cwd] errno: -23, code: 'ENFILE', syscall: 'uv_cwd' }
/Users/jhm/.meteor/packages/meteor-tool/.1.4.4_1.1ygrsyx++os.osx.x86_64+web.browser+web.cordova/mt-os.osx.x86_64/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/meteor-promise/promise_server.js:190
      throw error;
      ^

Error: ENFILE: file table overflow, open '/private/var/folders/xc/62_b8y394rd80mk7781ccq880000gn/T/mt-h4k6v9/npm/node_modules/babel-types/.meteor-portable-1.json'
```

I just completely re-inistalled meteor from scratch and this still happens. Nobody else is seeing this?

That looks like an OSX issue… It crops up on me every once and awhile. Increase your file table limit, and it should start working
http://blog.mact.me/2014/10/22/yosemite-upgrade-changes-open-file-limit

1 Like

I had that too a few days ago and reinstalled to fix it. Good to know the real cause and fix though so will do this next time. Cheers. Maybe this should be added to the guide?

Its more of a Node problem than anything; I usually see this if I’m running a large-ish app with two or more other microservices in other terminals. Node will import all of the node_modules and child dependencies in the tree once per terminal. Multiple terminals, or a big app, could overflow the OSX file table

Node eats a bunch of files in develop mode, you might be able to run it with a production flag of some sort… but then you lose rebuild speed and traceability.

Thank you, a reboot fixed the issue. So I guess it for sure had to do with open file limit.