Meteor didn't use their own platform to create meteor.com?

Btw, the Meteor site is not very optimized :stuck_out_tongue:
It globally subscribes to the complete collections of Partners (226), PartnerLogoImages (200), and Meetups (211)
It still takes some time to “load more” partners in the list though, I’m guessing because it’s waiting for the images to load?
I don’t think the Meetups collection is even used, as clicking on Meetups takes you straight to meetup.com

Here’s how to find all Collections on a typical Meteor site btw:

_.filter(_.values(window), item => item instanceof Mongo.Collection)
1 Like

I saw this post in the meteor forums summary and it reminded me to finish a small post about exactly that topic. And since I had some time this evening… https://blog.wax-o.com/2017/08/make-your-meteor-site-load-fast/

The end is about the static website generation. Meteor works already so well that it takes literally 10 minutes to setup. And then, the time to code the template won’t be longer than the time you need to code one for hexo.

I agree, a Meteor app is not a good solution for a documentation site. And the MDG should not attempt to rewrite the entire web in Meteor. But when you build something with Meteor, that would be so nice to use your existing code base and ui components to generate some static content.

When pushing for the adoption of a platform, giving even more shinny tools to the users is a good ways to progress :smiley:.