I am trying to do a very basic test with Mailgun sandbox but depending on what is in my method I get a timeout error or _this.unblock is not a function .
Specifically if I have check() in, it times out, if I leave this.unblock() in it errors as not a function.
While it isn’t an answer to your specific issue, I’d strongly suggest checking out mailgun-js, and using their api to send rather than relying on Meteor’s built-in smtp functionality.
I’ll definitely check it out, I more or less just need solution to send email. I’d prefer to keep it Meteor native, but I don’t mind checking other solutions.
My only guess there is that you are using port 25 and I’ve always used 587 when designating a mailgun smtp url? Also you may not want to post your credentials =)
Looping through the built-in smtp call isn’t going to be very performant. Also, as you get into sending hundreds (or thousands) of emails, you will be able to utilize mailgun’s batch sending, which is built into their api.