Meteor Galaxy SEO isn't working

I’m using two packages, it works on my Localhost:3000 with Chrome Inspector. However, deveoper.facebook.com tool comes back blank as do many others.

Packages:

manuelschoebel:ms-seo
dferber:prerender

Please see this screen shot:

I have set the data as so:

if (Meteor.isClient) { 

Router.route('/', {
		data:function(){

if( Meteor.user() ){
				Router.go('/buzz');
			} 

},
		waitOn: function(){

},
		template: 'landing',
		yieldTemplates: {
			'landing': {to: 'content'},
		},
		onAfterAction: function() {
			if (this.ready()) {
				SEO.set({
				  title: "SkyRooms Virtual Offices for Business",
				  meta: {
					'description': "Professional Business Tools for your Organziation presented in a familiar way that are free for all users.",
					'keywords': "skyrooms, free, business, tools, webinar, video, conference, conferencing, resume, builder",
				  },
				  og: {
					'title': "SkyRooms Virtual Offices for Business",
					'description': "Professional Business Tools for your Organziation presented in a familiar way that are free for all users.",
					'image':"https://www.skyrooms.io/images/og_facebook.jpg",
					'fb:app_id':"726835877472962"
				  }
				});
			}
		}

});

}

Ahh okay - I’ve got a custom head template, you can’t use this setup and prerender.

I guess you should also remove this packages if you deploy your app to Galaxy. Just read in their FAQ’s that they could conflict with Galaxys Prerender version.

But Galaxy doesn’t actually tell you how to set the data… So… where’s the official package to do this? :confused:

What data do you mean? For your own Prerender account? In this case you have to deactivate Galaxys Prerender version, then you should be able to use it with these packages. Btw we also had a lot of trouble with the Meteor packages of Prerender. At the end we’ve decided us for a NGINX solution where NGINX redirects requests over to Prerender.

Ahh very nice.

Yes, it’s a big pain in the butt, but that’s been my entire Meteor experience. But the results are totally worth it.

Cheers!

PS: Link me your Meteor project! I’m at www.SkyRooms.io :slight_smile: