Meteor gives error in tutorial: bad formatting

Hi all - this is really getting me: I tried Meteor a few days ago and got about halfway through the tutorial (windows 8.1). Today I reinstalled Meteor and now I cannot get it to run: simple-todo.html:27: bad formatting in HTML template.

I have copied the github files and pasted and still get the same errors
I moved the html file to my linux box and I get the same response.
I created a new linux box with a fresh install of Meteor - same
I went back to the original install package on my win8.1 and reinstalled that version (the one that worked) still errors.

Is there a special way to uninstall?
Any help would be appreciated. thanks

Please paste some code and detailed error report , than only anyone will be able to help ,buddy.
Or its just a guess game

The code is from the tutorial:

Todo List

Todo List

<ul>
  {{#each tasks}}
    {{> task}}
  {{/each}}
</ul>

//this is the indicated error line

• {{text}}
  • // simple-todos.js
    if (Meteor.isClient) {
    // This code only runs on the client
    Template.body.helpers({
    tasks: [
    { text: “This is task 1” },
    { text: “This is task 2” },
    { text: “This is task 3” }
    ]
    });
    }

Eclipse indicates 7 errors :
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    String literal is not properly closed by a matching quote html-tools.js /simple-todos/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/packages line 409 JavaScript Problem
    Description Resource Path Location Type
    Syntax error on token “return”, Identifier expected autoupdate.js /simple-todos/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/packages line 201 JavaScript Problem
    Syntax error on token “return”, Identifier expected mongo.js /simple-todos/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/packages line 1577 JavaScript Problem
    Syntax error on token “return”, Identifier expected mongo.js /simple-todos/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/packages line 1648 JavaScript Problem
    Syntax error on token “return”, Identifier expected mongo.js /simple-todos/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/packages line 1779 JavaScript Problem
    Syntax error on token “return”, Identifier expected mongo.js /simple-todos/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/packages line 2759 JavaScript Problem
    Syntax error on token “throw”, Identifier expected mongo.js /simple-todos/.meteor/local/build/programs/server/packages line 1795 JavaScript Problem