Meteor has trouble rendering LESS files as well as other bootstrap elements

I will give as detailed of an explanation as possible…

The directory where the stylesheets are located looks like this:

enter image description here

As is required with the newest version of Meteor, I renamed each file in the sub folders with the .import.less extension.

To import the less files, I added the @import designations to the files at root of the folder. For example, bootstrap.less looks like this:

However, the stylesheets are not importing correctly to client, so I must have done something wrong here. I tried setting the path to an absolute path like /client/stylesheets/less/bootstrap, but it still doesn’t render correctly on client.

Not only am I having trouble rendering LESS files, I’m also having trouble rendering some aspects of bootstrap. For example, the file-input class from Bootstrap 3.0 doesn’t render at all on my meteor app. The file upload portion looks like plain ugly style-less HTML.

Yes, I have the latest bootstrap and less compiler all installed. Not sure what it is, as I’ve tried everything I can think of. If someone can point me in the right direction, I would greatly appreciate it.

Can we please restrain from naming forum topics in the way of “Meteor is at fault” when we’re not sure of that? It makes a really bad impression for people who check out forum to get an opinion if they should try Meteor or not and I can imagine some blog comparison of Javascript frameworks quoting this title with an argument like “Meteor can’t even use CSS preprocessors”.

Well, Meteor is having trouble rendering the CSS/LESS, so my title is accurate. It could be something I did, it could be something else. But that doesn’t change the fact that Meteor does have trouble rendering. Nobody is is saying Meteor is at fault for anything. That’s simply your interpretation of the title.