Meteor Impact 2020

Will the talks be recorded and available on Youtube?

Talks will be recorded and available on the conference site. Some talks will be available from their authors on YouTube. As for the rest of the recorded talks I will probably upload them to YouTube at some point later (probably around end of the year vacation), but no guarantees. The recordings will be available to registered attendees on the conference site.

1 Like

I’m getting a 404 on:

https://meteor-impact-2020.pathable.co/

What is the link to the conference?

UPDATE
Okay I guess it’s here:

https://impact.meteor.com/meetings#/?limit=20&sortByFields[0]=startsAt&sortByOrders[0]=1&uid=AvmWL3eYhC9TnZ5mw

2 Likes

Wow, I missed all of this. Is there any replay, VOD, etc. to watch the sessions?

@evolross you can go https://impact.meteor.com/ some videos are already uploaded!

All the talks were impressive really, and I really enjoyed the State of Meteor Geomapping, the enterprise panel discussion, Scott’s session about why he loves Meteor, Zodern talks, and the chillouts with fellow community members (I learnt a lot about Japan from the chillouts, I enjoyed them a lot).

That Meteor impact conference was surely impactful, I’m excited for the next one.

3 Likes

Hello good time.
Can I have a conference to introduce meteor to Persian speakers?
There is no training in Persian, if you at least let me introduce it in Persian, it will be great and I am sure many people will be attracted.

2 Likes

That is an interesting idea, perhaps we can have a Meteor Global Impact Day (online conference on Pathable), where we introduce Meteor in multiple languages.

I know Arabic would be a good candidate as well. The Arab population has the largest youth percentage in the world, the ages of 15 and 24 years old represent over 100 million of the current population, and also the largest unemployment rates , unfortunately. Thus, introducing Node, JS and Meteor might give some folks there some hope for a better future. I also have connections with several non-profit organizations helping refugees to learn coding remotely and I’m sure Meteor would be a great fit for that community as well, especially with the Galaxy free tier, GitHub profiles, and Meteor ease of use.

5 Likes

@alawi
Yes that’s right
Surely there are people who, despite the fact that the source does not exist in their own language, became interested in the meteor and are using it.
And if people like me introduce meteor in their own language and teach it to some extent, people in that language feel that meteor is important to them.
And Farsi Nir has about 200 million people
I hope the request will be answered positively

4 Likes

It’s good idea to have multi languages event. We have Russian community and some guys ready to speak about Meteor.

3 Likes

Yeah, we can have one presentation for the content, translate it to several languages and have speakers present it in their native languages.

4 Likes

Yes it’s great and it shows meteor respects all its users

1 Like