Meteor.js v3.0.2 is out! 🎉

It’s been about a month since we first released Meteor 3.0, and we are proud to announce that a new patch is now available, increasing stability and reliability.

This patch mainly restores the correct behavior for subscriptions, where documents were first removed, then readded on parameter changes, and subscriptions were started before being fully authenticated. We also focused on updating our guides and docs, with more to come.

What changed in v3.0.2

• Merge release-3.0 into devel and safe keep v2 branch
  • All documents still removed upon subscription update/addition
  • Review and update the migration guide
  • Make information about git cloning clearer in 3.0 CLI
  • Deprecate Meteor.user() in the server
  • Improve Meteor.applyAsync doc
  • Fix AppVeyor CI
  • Investigate accounts authentication issue with Meteor 3 (subscription related)
  • Investigate and optimize subscriptions being recreated after login call (fix for all subscriptions)
  • Review v3 docs and update old version references
  • Fix deprecation warnings when we install Meteor 3
  • Investigate setx issue and meteor install on Windows

How to test it?

Installing Meteor

npx meteor

Existing projects:

meteor update --release 3.0.2

Starting a project:

meteor create app-name --release 3.0.2

Your help testing this version by creating a new app or migrating your current one will be extremely helpful!

Please give us your feedback, and if you find any issues, you can create a post here or open an issue on GitHub .

Next Releases

• Meteor 3.0.3 (Late August, 2024)
  • Meteor 3.0.4 (Early-October, 2024)
13 Likes

WE DEM BOYZ! Loving the releases! I’ve already updated some big Meteor codebases to 3.0. I keep running meteor update and expecting these releases to be there though! I think it’s time to mainline 3.0 and make it the official recommended edition!!!

4 Likes

The releases are exciting, but I think it’s still early. In projects it’s usually not only meteor that is used. Meteor packages still don’t fully support 3.0 and we have to wait for them to migrate.

1 Like

Cant update because of email package issue.

meteor update --release 3.0.2
=> Errors while initializing project:         

While checking for email@3.0.1:
error: No compatible binary build found for this package. Contact the package author and ask them to publish it for your platform.

It should be solved now.

1 Like

Hi Jan,

I’m also still getting the same error as @pmogollon

Has anybody managed to load a React component from an Atmosphere package using v3 yet?

I just gave v3.0.2 a try, and put a React/MaterialUI component in an Atmosphere package, like I’ve done in v2, and am getting the following:

I fixed it by changing the version number in the versions file

@pmogollon Worked like a charm, thanks. However, if I have no version constraint in my packages file, should meteor pickup the latest version for each package automatically if I do a meteor update?

1 Like

What package is it coming from? There should not be any change in importing stuff from Atmosphere packages as far as I know (barring changes in the package itself).

Fully agree, I’m far away on all my projects from 3.x - mostly due to outdated and no longer maintained but yet almost core (eg Kadira packages) packages that many people surely have in their projects as well.

It’s a great start and keep those new versions coming but the focus should also be on the packages that need to be pushed to 3.x to get a lot more people version 3.x ready.

It’s surely not only about the required code changes going async in your code base (though that’s a big task for most still).

Just my two cents worth

I’ll just put this here:

1 Like

@storyteller Hello, I still have the same problem with meteor update --all-packages

Change email@3.0.100 in your versions file.

1 Like

Unfortunately, my problem persists.

Also change it on the packages file, that should fix the issue.

getting errors when creating new project with --vue flag

Looks like vite:bundler is the culprit here. Check for newer version of that package.

found it Vite Bundler with Meteor 3 | Meteor 3.0 Migration Guide

Jan, could you please take a look in this thread? https://forums.meteor.com/t/looking-for-solutions-for-the-constraints-that-hold-me-back-to-update-to-meteor-3-0-2/62172/1

I’m still getting constraints that stop me from updating to Meteor 3.0.2

Thanks!