Meteor.js v3.0.2 is out! 🎉

WE DEM BOYZ! Loving the releases! I’ve already updated some big Meteor codebases to 3.0. I keep running meteor update and expecting these releases to be there though! I think it’s time to mainline 3.0 and make it the official recommended edition!!!

4 Likes

The releases are exciting, but I think it’s still early. In projects it’s usually not only meteor that is used. Meteor packages still don’t fully support 3.0 and we have to wait for them to migrate.

1 Like

Cant update because of email package issue.

meteor update --release 3.0.2
=> Errors while initializing project:         

While checking for email@3.0.1:
error: No compatible binary build found for this package. Contact the package author and ask them to publish it for your platform.

It should be solved now.

1 Like

Hi Jan,

I’m also still getting the same error as @pmogollon

Has anybody managed to load a React component from an Atmosphere package using v3 yet?

I just gave v3.0.2 a try, and put a React/MaterialUI component in an Atmosphere package, like I’ve done in v2, and am getting the following:

I fixed it by changing the version number in the versions file

@pmogollon Worked like a charm, thanks. However, if I have no version constraint in my packages file, should meteor pickup the latest version for each package automatically if I do a meteor update?

1 Like

What package is it coming from? There should not be any change in importing stuff from Atmosphere packages as far as I know (barring changes in the package itself).

Fully agree, I’m far away on all my projects from 3.x - mostly due to outdated and no longer maintained but yet almost core (eg Kadira packages) packages that many people surely have in their projects as well.

It’s a great start and keep those new versions coming but the focus should also be on the packages that need to be pushed to 3.x to get a lot more people version 3.x ready.

It’s surely not only about the required code changes going async in your code base (though that’s a big task for most still).

Just my two cents worth

I’ll just put this here:

1 Like

@storyteller Hello, I still have the same problem with meteor update --all-packages

Change email@3.0.100 in your versions file.

1 Like

Unfortunately, my problem persists.

Also change it on the packages file, that should fix the issue.

getting errors when creating new project with --vue flag

Looks like vite:bundler is the culprit here. Check for newer version of that package.

found it Vite Bundler with Meteor 3 | Meteor 3.0 Migration Guide

Jan, could you please take a look in this thread? https://forums.meteor.com/t/looking-for-solutions-for-the-constraints-that-hold-me-back-to-update-to-meteor-3-0-2/62172/1

I’m still getting constraints that stop me from updating to Meteor 3.0.2

Thanks!

Uncomment all packages except core packages in .meteor/packages and then update to 3.x and then uncomment each package step by step. With this you can identify which packages are the ones causing trouble

3 Likes