Meteor love stories

We’ve seen a fair bit of angst here on the forums recently. I’ve been guilty of a bit of it myself.

So I thought maybe it was time for something at the other end of the spectrum.

I love Meteor and here’s my story.

Feel free to share yours.

6 Likes

I stumbled upon Meteor (1.1 I think) back in July 2015. I’m studying Computer Science in Denmark, and I’ve been in love with Javascript and web application development since my first course on it in february 2015. The developer experience is unmatched by anything I’ve had my hands on since.

I recently finished my final exam for my AP degree, and my projects and work with Meteor has landed me a job as a fullstack developer that I can work on part-time whilst I get my bachelors degree :smile: I can’t say I would’ve been able to deliver the amount of value to my company without Meteor - it really enabled me to be crazy productive compared to anything else I’ve used.

:heart: Meteor

5 Likes

This is the sort of stuff I’d like to read, not a bunch of adults throwing their toys out of the pram.

For me, meteor has been a quick and accessible way for me to:

• learn javascript
  • learn react
  • make good, simple apps quickly
  • learn mongodb

There’s more than just this simple list but I don’t want to go too in-depth.

Coming from a php and front-end background (mostly front-end), I feel like I’ve learnt lots in the 5 months or so I’ve been playing with meteor. Not only that but the help I’ve received from the community has been fantastic as well.

It’ll be in my development stack for a good while longer anyway.

4 Likes