Meteor + Phaser/Pixi

Hi all,
I’m working on a website and I’m doing its structure using Meteor to deal with front-end back-end and database all together since I don’t have that much experience working with a large variety of interfaces. I’m liking Meteor but I need to add animated graphics (mainly 2d animations) and I’m thinking of using Phaser or Pixi but I’m not really sure if any of those is the right tool (I’m not trying to do a game, just animations). I would like to know if there is any other tool that is best suited for doing what I have described before.
I already made some experiments with phaser, I dowloaded the phaser package for meteor from atmosphere.js but I can’t even load the images to the browser. It seems that phaser cannot load the images(although the paths are correct) but Meteor sends a 200 OK response to the browser that is empty and also the type on the header is wrong, it says text/html, when it should say image/png. I don’t really know what’s happening and there’s not a lot of information on the web about working with phaser within Meteor. Any help would be very appreciated.
Thanks guys!

Not really sure if I can help… but I do know that this was built with Phaser…

http://gspace.meteor.com/