Meteor production bundler doesn't dedupe packages?

I have a Meteor app, which uses a bunch of plugins. These are all in a monorepo (https://github.com/chili-epfl/FROG), and I use yarn to symlink in the dependencies - I don’t know if this makes a difference.

The app has been in development for almost a year, and we’re now getting ready to run it in production. When I run meteor --production, and the bundle-visualizer, I see that the whole bundle is 8.2MB, but packages are duplicated like crazy. For example, all of my plugins (separate NPM packages) depend on a common “utils” package, and this is imported 10 times, same with React, lodash etc.

Is there something special I need to do to dedupe packages? As far as I know, all of the sub-dependencies (React, lodash etc) are in sync (the same versions), and for each dependency, I only want a single copy in the bundle.

Thanks!

Just bumping this one - this seems like a pretty important issue, and even if we’re doing something silly, others might be doing the same, and thus a reply would be useful to the community (I realize it’s summer, but I’d very much appreciate some help with this)!

Thanks!