I seems to happen fairly often. I cannot tell if it’s a NodeJS problem or a Meteor problem, and hoping to find some tips to help me start troubleshooting the problem.
Where your app is hosted? If it is VPS, most often server doesn’t have virtual memory enabled by default, and if physical memory usage is 100% strange things can happen.
I just changed my meteor to run with --verbose, to hopefully see more output when the crash occurs next. Anyone have any other ideas how to improve the output of a crash, so I can further pinpoint the cause of the problem being a node npm module or Meteor itself?
I am still getting the crash. Happens at random times- sometimes not for a day, sometimes 2-3 times an hour. Because it’s inconsistent, I suspect it’s some kind of timeout from the server connecting to an Internet resource, or something related to a particular client-to-server communication.
events.js:141
throw er; // Unhandled 'error' event
^
Error: read ECONNRESET
at exports._errnoException (util.js:907:11)
at TLSWrap.onread (net.js:558:26)
=> Exited with code: 1
The --verbose does not produce any additional output with the error, so that is no help. Anyone have any ideas how to identify the cause of a Meteor crash like this?
My meteor version is meteor@1.6.1 on Linux/CentOS with 16GB RAM.
Googling ECONNRESET points to articles referring to some kind of connection error.
Googling “events.js” shows it’s related to the network listener. I am guessing there’s a bug with the network listener. OR, some Meteor internal task, like version checker, that hits a network error and crashes everything. Those are my guesses. Without any further debugging/tracing, and since the problem happens so randomly, I have no idea what the problem could be.
Yeah it is very frustrating, no way to find the issue or debug it. If it is not happening at all for days, then many times in one day, that suggests there’s something affecting it inside the application. But not sure how to find out what…
Galaxy support suggested that I use the NPM package ‘longjohn’…
It seems longjohn is not compatible with Meteor. If I add the NPM package, and ‘require’ it in any file, the server hangs on startup…
SO I am out of luck until finding some sort of solution…