Meteor/React client app works in Chrome, Safari but not in Firefox

Hi all,

I decided to put on my training wheels and learn react. I had written a simple Java applet a long time ago to learn Java when it first arrived, so thought that porting it might be a good start. I have finished the app but I am unable to figure out why the app does not work in Firefox but runs fine in Chrome. It appears that state is not getting set correctly. Can’t figure out the reason. Run out of ideas and need some fresh eyeballs looking at it. The app is at
https://unit-converter.meteor.com/
Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

bakki

I’m seeing the following error in FF:

ReferenceError: event is not defined

Maybe double check that you aren’t using an event reference somewhere without first passing it into the enclosing function. It’s possible Safari/Chrome are being more lenient with this (if they’re able to infer the event reference).

Thank you so much for the tip. I’ll look through my sources and see where the offending event is coming from.

That was a brilliant catch. I had seen the error but couldn’t quite understand the source or reason of it. I did find two onChange handlers which didn’t have event passed in explicitly. Upgraded app is at Meteor.com. Wish the React developer plugin for Chrome would flag errors like this. Thank again a bunch.