Meteor Software Job Opportunities

This is something that has been nagging me since the Tiny acquisition and @filipenevola taking over the CEO position but why on earth are job opportunities at Meteor Software are never made public?? Take a stroll in Meteor Software linkedin profile and you’d find posts about new hires made all day without the community knowing about these vacant positions first hand.

To be even more frank, this trend was started when @filipenevola was around but I had hope this would end when @fredmaiaarantes became the new CEO but the problem continues or even getting worse with quavedev being a partner supplying all their developer needs, maybe? I’m not sure.

I need to be also clear to the community that I had tried to apply to work at Meteor Software before so maybe that’s why I’m kinda pissed but I’m human and I truly feel justified to bring this up. Why are these opportunities never made public?? I’m not hating on any of the devs who landed the jobs, congrats to them but hey can you please make I dunno maybe a forum post? Have you not hired a Developer Relations Manager? Oh I remember know she doesn’t what Meteor forums are for lmao

Some might say oh this is a private company you have no say as to how they should run their business and I’d say you’re right but Meteor Software affects Meteor and in turn affects us the devs and the community as a whole so at least it’s important that this point is raised regardless as whether any changes would be made on their side.

Trivia:

Currently, according to the company linkedin the only non Brazilian people who work for Meteor are Jessa Gayle M..

Hi @harry97. First and foremost, I would like to express my appreciation for you sharing your concerns with us. We highly value the voice of our community and recognize how crucial talented professionals with solid skills, like you, are for the growth and continuous improvement of our ecosystem.

I recall your previous post and want to reaffirm that we are in the midst of reevaluating our programs. Our focus is precisely to ensure that talents like yours receive the visibility and opportunities they deserve.

It would be extremely productive if we could align your ideas and perspectives to understand how we can generate more value for you as a professional, as well as for our community as a whole. We are particularly interested in developing incentive programs that truly make a difference, and your feedback would be crucial in this process.

I would like to invite you for a more in-depth conversation on this topic. Please write to me at tatiana@meteor.com. I believe that together we can find solutions that benefit everyone.

I remain at your disposal and look forward to your response.

Hey @harry97, I remember very well when you brought this up in the past.

why on earth are job opportunities at Meteor Software are never made public??

I assure you that all the hires we made at Meteor Software were published to everyone.

To be even more frank, this trend was started when @filipenevola was around but I had hope this would end when @fredmaiaarantes became the new CEO but the problem continues or even getting worse with quavedev being a partner supplying all their developer needs, maybe? I’m not sure.

This is not true. We announced when we partnered with Quave and Vazco to work with us on specific demands. As you can see in this blog post, and also here on forum. It has also been mentioned in previous monthly updates and newsletters. Both are not currently running as we are handling this on a per-project basis.

I need to be also clear to the community that I had tried to apply to work at Meteor Software before so maybe that’s why I’m kinda pissed but I’m human and I truly feel justified to bring this up. Why are these opportunities never made public??

Of course, you can bring it up. But it’s sad to see you making these assumptions when they are untrue. Likewise, you can see the announcements of new hires, you can also see when we open these opportunities to everyone. All job positions have been posted on our Twitter and LinkedIn and also mentioned in our newsletters and monthly updates. Also posted on our careers page. You can even see upcoming opportunities now.

Have you not hired a Developer Relations Manager? Oh I remember know she doesn’t what Meteor forums are for lmao.

Being present on the forum and in our community is a great sign, but not a requirement to apply for our positions.

You can check out our announcements for yourself. Most of them have been posted at other times and on other job boards as well.

https://twitter.com/meteorjs/status/1677181133123903493

https://twitter.com/meteorjs/status/1665743074302074880

https://twitter.com/meteorjs/status/1665728728138129414

at least it’s important that this point is raised regardless as whether any changes would be made on their side.

The only thing I see we could also do is post them directly here on the forum. We can start doing that. And if you have concrete suggestions, we are open to them.

1 Like

Is there a problem with having mainly Brazilians working at Meteor Software? I’ve never seen this questioned when a company has a majority of Americans or Europeans. So I don’t get it.

4 Likes

I’m just replying here as my company and my name was mentioned multiple times but Fred already addressed all the points so I don’t have anything to add.

Actually, you’re right. You definitely made these positions public and posted about them on linkedin, twitter and your careers page. I thought that since there weren’t any forum posts then it’s non existent. Which you concluded yourself and took note to correct.

The only thing I see we could also do is post them directly here on the forum. We can start doing that. And if you have concrete suggestions, we are open to them.

For the opportunities being made public part, you’re completely right. I was wrong. I jumped to conclusions and made rash decisions partly to being away from the community. I’ll be sure to take note and reach out in private if I’ve any future concerns.

I apologize for this. I’m sorry.

Is there a problem with having mainly Brazilians working at Meteor Software? I’ve never seen this questioned when a company has a majority of Americans or Europeans. So I don’t get it.

For this part, I’m not so sorry. Do you think I dislike the company being all Brazilians, Americans or Europeans?? Absolutely not. What I dislike is having a bias. During all of your interviews, resumes and code challenges didn’t you not find a single candidate who wasn’t Brazilian and was a fit for the job?? I doubt it and I’m not ashamed to say it. So let’s say all of tech people are okay. Even, your developer relations manager!!

Making the positions public or not doesn’t matter if the vetting process is flawed. I guess this is what I wanted to communicate initially but I failed to pick my words carefully.

And while there’s no way to prove it nor I’ve some solid evidence I can point out to. And definitely the people you’ve onboard are very capable developers whether Brazilian or not. But it’s just as something I can’t unsee, it’s as clear as the sun to me. Am I the only one of the community to have this nagging concern??? Ever since a Brazilian CEO, being @filipenevola, joined MS who by some ungodly chance owns a dev outsourcing company all the hiries are from his home country??? What a miraculous coincidence!!!

1 Like

I need to be clear on this so it doesn’t get misunderstood. My problem is not the nationality of the developers at MS rather it’s the denying of community talent and the potential it has to transform Meteor. Lots of people here on the forums expressed interest in working for MS. Sorry for reiterating this so many times but @diaconutheodor expressed interest in helping out bringing redisoplog to the core but was rejected and now MS want to do it! @dr.dimitru expressed interest in helping out with the fibers migration --which is close to completion-- but you get the idea why reject these great talents?? I mentioned before how @zodern is the only one doing all the heavy lifting with regards to core changes and we need to rebuild a strong core team like the old days of MDG with the likes of @benjamn @slava @tmeasday @arunoda but we yet to see any endeavors towards that goal. So, my dream is to build a dream team around current Meteor enthusiasts bringing all of them in.

1 Like