Meteor tool stuck when downloading meteor-tool@1.3.2_4

You were right. I set it to download during the night, and by the morning the download ended.

1 Like

Wasted an entire day on this !! I hope it downloads overnight. :frowning: :frowning:

1 Like

I am having the same problem. Download overnight didn’t work either. I also tried to delete the .meteor folder completely in /AppData/Local and reinstalling meteor. Nothing seems to help… I am using Win10.
This affects all meteor apps old ones aswell as new ones.
I noticed however, that when I newly create a meteor app using meteor create and then run that newly created app, everything works fine.
I need to get the old ones running though :frowning:

did it work for you @sathishc?

Yes it did. It took almost 2 hours in a 2 mbps broadband connection. I was thinking it hung and kept trying different things like changing nodejs version until I found this post. Thanks !

This is killing all the time I “gain” by using Meteor… :frowning:

2 Likes

I am having this problem and I noticed that the Antimalware service was pegging my CPU. I am pretty sure it is checking all of the downloaded files and is holding up the progression of the install. So this is by design for windows! In some ways I like it, in others it is a pain.

Mine was it was almost half a day. I’m stucked up

Does anyone have any solution? I’m getting impatient here…

No luck on my home cable Internet. Ran overnight to no avail. Had better luck at my office where we have a commercial fiber optic line. It installed in a few minutes. I’ll probably have to take my home pc to the office tomorrow. Fortunately, I can work remotely or it would be a disaster.

Left the computer to run overnight and still no luck.
Is there any way to check if what the problem is?

I am having this issue… very frustrating

Downloading meteor-tool@1.3.4_1...        |
2 Likes

Me too, I’m on Windows 7. It’s very frustrating, it’s been like this for a few days now, what’s the official answer to this?

same for me, it’s been two days that I try to update 1.3.4_1

1 Like

Same for me too… Is there a way to download manually?

I got it to download by adding 54.192.225.217 warehouse.meteor.com to /etc/hosts https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/6960

4 Likes

Phew, on ubuntu i added 54.192.225.217 warehouse.meteor.com to /etc/hosts and worked like a charm.
Thanks @tberghuis

I can confirm what @brucejo said about the antimalware service. Deactivate windows defender temporarily and you are all set!

I got this issue now with the meteor-tool@1.4.1_1 on windows. Thanks to this Thread I just disabled my Malware Scanner for that Download. Thanks

edit
It was done 20 minutes later, thanks for the disabled malware Scanner, I suppose.
In an earlier attempt with active scanner the download was taking over an hour, without ever completing.

Was having this issue just now on Ubuntu Linux 16.04.1. meteor update was hanging on “Downloading meteor-tool 1.4.1_2”. Followed the instructions here: http://stackoverflow.com/a/39174861/1405977

Adding “54.192.225.217 warehouse.meteor.com” to my host file fixed the issue.
If your environment is Ubuntu, then open the terminal and paste
sudo -i gedit /etc/hosts
Paste: “54.192.225.217 warehouse.meteor.com” at the end of the file. save and close. Now run your app.

Can someone please address this? I also have concerns about the security of pointing to a random IP address to download meteor related files.

3 Likes