Meteor vs Apollo

Thanks @martineboh that’s quite neat. Do you know how well does it perform compared to Apollo in that particular realm, if I where to connect it postgresql or cassandra?

Define “many”. Tens, hundreds, thousands?
I wouldn’t be worried about MongoDB scalability, there are some quite large customers using it. It is a lot about optimizing your queries and indexes. Meteor can be a bit more challenging as it has more moving parts to be worried about, but you will have those same issues with any other solution once you get to scale.

2 Likes

Thanks for the reply @storyteller. Many == thousands of users and even more devices spamming data to our broker and the broker throwing it back at us. I agree with you completely in fact, I’m standing by that. The thing is, I have to convince my employer of that and I’m not as half as good a salesman as I am a software developer sadly! It’d be great to have something like a list of those “large customers” using a stack that includes Meteor. Maybe some that are using it with Grapher or Apollo to reassure my employer that this is a solution that better serves the requirements for our software.

1 Like

Stackshare lists some of the companies that are using Meteor:

1 Like

There may be less of a need for a “Meteor vs Apollo” debate since the release of https://github.com/Swydo/ddp-apollo.

I’ve been trying it and like it so far, especially because you don’t need to run a separate server as you normally would need when using Apollo. You can simply re-write an existing Meteor app to use Apollo (after adding ddp-apollo and the other standard apollo packages) and it will just work.

1 Like

Then let’s start with the schowcase: https://www.meteor.com/showcase
If you search the forums you might even find other companies that use Meteor at scale.

Topics about scaling are also your friend. Like: Some scaling lessons I've learned growing to 120k+ users

Though it might be a bit more difficult to get names sometime as explained in Saas Mastermind Group by @thebarty via this:

1 Like