Meteor vs Quasar - any opinion?

Came across a Reddit post via ElectronJS where someone wants to use Quasar, VueJS and ElectronJS.

As I’ve never heard about Quasar before I checked it out and besides the similarities in name usage (s an extremely luminous active galactic nucleus (AGN)) it looks pretty similar to what Meteor can do (minus the MongoDb tight integration).

Any opinions on Meteor vs Quasar?

Used Quasar for 1.5 year. It is incomparible to Meteor.
Quasar is a frontend “framework” with a build tool using Vue and Materialize. That’s all, and it’s awesome. Kind of similar to Next or Nuxt.

Meteor is a full-stack framework.

If you only want to build a frontend, you can use Quasar. If you want to build an complete application, use Meteor

5 Likes

And you can try it out and give us your feedback https://github.com/quasarframework/quasar-template-meteor :wink:

The feedback is that it is confusing that:

1. The top-level app structure does not conform to the Meteor guide app structure

2. Nor does it conforms to the folder structure of the example in the Meteor-Vue guide Vue | Meteor Guide (which BTW also does not conform to the Meteor guide app structure to add to the confusion)

3. Nor does the folder structure below template/imports/ui to the folder structure below /src in the Quasar app structure guide App Structure - Quasar Framework :crazy_face:

4. It also does not seem to correspond to any of the three Quasar flavors mentioned in the Quasar doc.

Is the motivation for all those mismatches explained somewhere? I guess it is in part due to Quasar being based on Webpack while Meteor is not, but knowing this does not really help understanding why the code of a Quasar-Vue-Meteor app is decomposed in different folder structures in all the available guides and kits.

Thanks anyway :slightly_smiling_face:

I have been looking at the https://github.com/quasarframework/quasar-template-meteor as well and I’m also baffled that the file structure does not resemble a standard Quasar application.

" 1. Nor does the folder structure below template/imports/ui to the folder structure below /src in the Quasar app structure guide App Structure - Quasar Framework :crazy_face:"