Modulus deployment is driving me nuts


#1

I followed the meteor deployment instructions in Modulus blog, yet whenever I use the modulus deploy command I get an error:

Meteor project detected…
C:\Users\mesos_000\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\modulus\node_modules\fs-tools\lib\fs-tools.js:424
throw nested_err;
^
Error: EPERM, operation not permitted 'C:\Users\mesos_000\Desktop\siteCarlos.demeteorized\star.json’
at Error (native)
at Object.fs.unlinkSync (fs.js:883:18)
at Object.removeSync (C:\Users\mesos_000\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\modulus\node_modules\fs-tools\lib\fs-tools.js:407:8)
at C:\Users\mesos_000\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\modulus\node_modules\fs-tools\lib\fs-tools.js:413:15
at Array.forEach (native)
at Object.removeSync (C:\Users\mesos_000\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\modulus\node_modules\fs-tools\lib\fs-tools.js:411:24)
at Project.demeteorize (C:\Users\mesos_000\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\modulus\lib\controllers\project.js:646:13)
at C:\Users\mesos_000\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\modulus\lib\controllers\project.js:224:31
at fn (C:\Users\mesos_000\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\modulus\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:517:34)
at C:\Users\mesos_000\AppData\Roaming\npm\node_modules\modulus\node_modules\async\lib\async.js:441:34

I have followed both the fixes at http://help.modulus.io/customer/portal/questions/9907856-can-t-deploy-meteor-app
and at https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23834500/meteor-deploying-on-modulus !

After all that, when I open the app url it says:

Unable to connect to any application instances.

The logs are also full of messages such as “did not detect an index.js file or main.js file” and yet I have them! Both in my app and in the deployment bundle!

I mean come on, what gives? :angry:

Anyone know what the issue is?

(BTW this is exactly why we need Galaxy: to have a standard meteor based service)


#2

And now it’s working… it was either the env URLs or some weird bug… I also ended up updating both modulus and demeteorizer…

Really weird. I wish the Modulus tutorials were clearer other than metioning that there would be errors displaying…


#3

share your thoughts with their co-founder
charlie@modulus.io


#4

After struggling with this issue for a long time - finally figured it out.

Turns out - on Windows - delteing a file requires read/write permission on the file - as opposed to just the folder in unix. This caused unlink - to fail.

As of Node 12.4 - the nodejs was fixed to make the behavior consistent in windows and unix. So upgrading to node 12.4 - resolves this problem.