Modulus or MUP with Digital Ocean?

Hello!

I am ready to launch my first meteor project and am seeking some advice as to how I should deploy my app.

As of right now, the part of my app that I am ready to deploy is just a landing page with a few tools that me and my team will be able to log and use. I have a few collections right now that I’m planning on using Compose.io to take care of.

In the future(hopefully), we will have much more users that are monitoring fair amounts of data coming in from our IoT product. This part will probably be on a different server accessed by a subdomain anyways so I’m probably over thinking this but I think it would be a good idea to have all my servers be set up in the same way.

Does anyone have advice for a noob when it comes to this stuff as to what I should do in this situation?

Thanks in advance for any responses!

I think when it comes to deployment, it depends on your comfort level.

If you are comfortable with running ssh and getting into your box for things like setting up SSL, go with Digital Ocean. If not, go with Modulus, it does more for you out of the box, like allowing you to easily add domain names to answer to, supporting SSL, etc.

You can get $10 off Digital Ocean with this link, or get $25 in credit for Modulus by using the coupon code ‘METPODCAST’.

1 Like