Mongo exit code 100 (previous solutions not working)

I have a local mongo app on my MacBook I’ve been using for the last year which suddenly stopped working yesterday with the following output:

gene$ meteor 
[[[[[ ~/Dashboard ]]]]]                       

=> Started proxy.                             
Unexpected mongo exit code 100. Restarting.   
Can't start Mongo server.                     
MongoDB had an unspecified uncaught exception.
This can be caused by MongoDB being unable to write to a local database.
Check that you have permissions to write to .meteor/local. MongoDB does
not support filesystems like NFS that do not allow file locking.

I have seen the other questions similar to this one on this forum and StackOverflow but none of the solutions worked for me.

1. I removed the lock: rm .meteor/local/db/mongodb.lock and rm .meteor/local/db/journal/j.*
  2. changed permissions: chown -R gene .meteor/local
  3. ran meteor as superuser sudo meteor --allow-superuser

I cannot use meteor reset because I need the db. Building a fresh version of the app works so I know the app code itself is not the problem. But I need to get the db back.

I’m not sure what caused this but I think it may possibly have something to do with some corruption I had from trying to back up my DB with dropbox. At some point the backup might have been interrupted and I had multiple copies of the same files from Dropbox, and I deleted the duplicates. Notably all of the files in .meteor/local/db have -rw-r--r--@ permission (with the @) rather than -rw-r--r-- as they do on a fresh install, which seems suspicious. I suspect possibly WiredTiger is the problem but I don’t know how to repair/rebuild it without erasing the db.

At this point, all I really want to do is rescue the database. I wouldn’t even mind rebuilding a new version of the app manually, as long as I can retrieve all the text from my collections. But I can’t open a mongo shell to view the database because it has to launch meteor first and it can’t.

If anyone knows how I may fix the app without reset, or failing that, get a dump of all the collections in raw text so I can rebuild them in a fresh version of the app, please let me know what you suggest. Thanks!!