Mupx / Docker install, status is "restarting"

I have a deployment via mupx, and for some reason lately the process has been shutting itself down:

55164f2b744f        meteorhacks/meteord:base   "/bin/sh -c 'bash $ME"   21 hours ago        Restarting (8) 53 seconds ago   0.0.0.0:3000->80/tcp         myapp

So the status is “restarting” due to errors:

=> Starting meteor app on port:80

/bundle/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:278
						throw(ex);
						      ^
Error: failed to connect to [mongodb:27017]
    at Object.Future.wait (/bundle/bundle/programs/server/node_modules/fibers/future.js:398:15)
    at new MongoConnection (packages/mongo/mongo_driver.js:213:1)
    at new MongoInternals.RemoteCollectionDriver (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:4:1)
    at Object.<anonymous> (packages/mongo/remote_collection_driver.js:38:1)
    at Object.defaultRemoteCollectionDriver (packages/underscore/underscore.js:750:1)
    at new Mongo.Collection (packages/mongo/collection.js:102:1)
    at AccountsServer.AccountsCommon (accounts_common.js:23:18)
    at new AccountsServer (accounts_server.js:16:5)
    at Package (globals_server.js:5:12)
    at /bundle/bundle/programs/server/packages/accounts-base.js:1814:4
    - - - - -
    at [object Object].<anonymous> (/bundle/bundle/programs/server/npm/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/server.js:556:74)
    at [object Object].emit (events.js:106:17)
    at [object Object].<anonymous> (/bundle/bundle/programs/server/npm/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/connection_pool.js:156:15)
    at [object Object].emit (events.js:98:17)
    at Socket.<anonymous> (/bundle/bundle/programs/server/npm/npm-mongo/node_modules/mongodb/lib/mongodb/connection/connection.js:534:10)
    at Socket.emit (events.js:95:17)
    at net.js:834:16
    at process._tickCallback (node.js:448:13)

But the local mongo container is definitely up and running, because another app on the same server has no problem connecting to it. I’m not sure how to even begin troubleshooting this.

Where are you hosted? Sometimes this kind of thing can happen if that instance/vpc/docker container isn’t allowed to connect to the mongodb.

It’s on an EC2. It hasn’t been an issue for the longest time, this just started happening kinda out of nowhere.

Are you hosting your own MongoDB or are you using compose (or equivalent)?

Self-hosted (installed via mupx).

I would check the inbound security group of the mongodb. If the security group of the mongo doesn’t allow tcp connections on the port you’re trying to connect to from the IP your app is hosted on then it will refuse the connection.

There shouldn’t be anything like that going on. @arunoda would know more though.