I also came across the following question: I get a lot of warnings from the Accounts package, since obviously methods such as Accounts.findUserByUsername still use fibers, and Accounts.findUserByUsernameAsync doesn’t seem to exists (yet?).
Hello @bratelefant, we have reviewed the packages you mentioned and have encountered some challenges, particularly with packages that utilize the kernel architecture, such as redis-oplog. Migrating these packages to the 3.0 version may be a complex and resource-intensive task, and we believe it should be approached in a methodical and organized manner to avoid duplication of effort.
Unfortunately, we are currently unable to begin this activity due to limitations in the alpha version, which does not allow for the compilation of third-party packages. As a result, we have been focusing our efforts on migrating to the asynchronous version of the server-side mongo, which has been a significant undertaking and has occupied us for several months.
We have not yet addressed the possible migration of the client, and there is some concern about the timeline for releasing our applications. At this time, we are unable to provide a specific release date.
redis-oplog rewrites kernel logic, which is not exactly easy to modify and test. Collection hooks also has some peculiarities to consider which must be examined carefully. I am concerned that many of us are modifying packages, which I consider to be standard, on their behalf and losing sight of sharing them.
Ok, for now i finished the transition of all of my methods and pubs and have tests for my methods and rest api. The remaining warnings on fibers are coming from accounts-base, meteor-files and monti. Looking really forward for those packages to get updated.
Sorry for the late reply. I actually came across several packages, including Accounts, that still caused fiber warnings. On some I did a PR (like roles) and some I replaced with my own code (like meteor-tenancy). Meteor files is also an important package I think.
I didn’t yet upgrade to 2.13. Will give it a shot on my staging env on scalingo to see if building the app works as expected