Name server Setting for Galaxy

"Hosting on a subdomain

If your app is deployed at a subdomain such as app.mycompany.com or www.mycompany.com, simply add a CNAME record to your DNS provider pointing to:

us-east-1.galaxy-ingress.meteor.com for applications in the us-east-1 region.

eu-west-1.galaxy-ingress.meteor.com for applications in the eu-west-1 region."

2 Questions -

1. My app is working fine on Galaxy, but when I try to open it using us-east-1..meteor.com - I am getting a 404. Is it still safe to change the CNAME record?

2. Is there no way to change the Nameservers is a traditional way?

Regards,
Sanjay Kumar

You won’t be able to access the site directly using us-east-1.galaxy-ingress.meteor.com. That’s the hostname for Galaxy’s incoming load balancer, and by accessing it directly Galaxy doesn’t know which app to route you to. You can test things locally though by manipulating your /etc/hosts file - see the Testing locally section of the Galaxy Guide for more info. If things looks okay when you test locally using this method, then you’re all set to wire up the CNAME.

I’m not quite sure what you mean - using a CNAME record for this type of setup is quite common, and gives you a lot of flexibility in the future (you keep control of your DNS with your DNS provider, and can change the CNAME quite easily in the future if needed).

1 Like

Thanks @hwillson. Thanks for your quick response.