Need HTML help, icons should be in line, not below each other

Surely a noob question but I can’t figure out why the icons here are not in line (like the others in this picture) but rather below each other:

Screenshot 2023-03-01 at 00.57.50

Corresponding code:

<li style="display: {{isFamilyTreePage}};">
            <a href="#" class="menu-text" id="btn-tree-home" data-link="home Family Tree"
               data-tooltip='<i class="fa fa-lg fa-question-circle" aria-hidden="true"></i> Back to root of family tree'
               data-tooltip-direction="s">
                <i class="fa fa-home"></i>
            </a>
            <a href="#" class="menu-text" id="btn-zoom-in" data-link="zoom Family Tree"
               data-tooltip='<i class="fa fa-lg fa-question-circle" aria-hidden="true"></i> Zoom in'
                <i class="fa fa-search-plus"></i>
            </a>
            <a href="#" class="menu-text" id="btn-zoom-out" data-link="zoom Family Tree"
               data-tooltip='<i class="fa fa-lg fa-question-circle" aria-hidden="true"></i> Zoom out'
                <i class="fa fa-search-minus"></i>
            </a>
        </li>

Thanks in advance!

To align icons horizontally in HTML, you can use CSS to control the display and positioning of the icons. Here’s an example of how to use CSS to align icons horizontally:

In this example, we define a container element with the class “icon-container”, which uses the CSS “display: flex” to create a flexible box layout. We also set the “flex-direction” property to “row” to ensure that the icons are aligned horizontally.

We then define a separate CSS style for the individual icons, using the class “icon”. We set a margin-right of 10 pixels to provide some spacing between the icons.

Finally, we include the HTML code for the three icons within the “icon-container” div.

This should ensure that the icons are aligned horizontally and not stacked vertically. You can adjust the CSS properties as needed to achieve the desired alignment and spacing.