Hello!
News
-
I found some really disturbing bug!
If you connect to meteor server, subscribe for some publication, disconnect for long enough (>10s), make some changes in the publishing data and then reconnect again - simpleDDP local collection will be messed up. Instead of updating changed documents to the latest state, simpleDDP will make a duplicate with the same id inside its local collection. This happens because the newly created subscription does not know anything about it previous state and will send added ddp messages.
This behavior is fixed in 1.2.0.
However there are some questions left with removed ddp sync in the same scenario.
- I decided to push my 1.2.x branch on github, so you can check it out, but there is no documentation yet.
https://github.com/Gregivy/simpleddp/tree/1.2.x - I have replaced ddp.js with simpleddp-core. It is the same old ddp.js but with PRs included and few bugs excluded
- Right now I am making tests, fixing some errors, improving API and reading Meteor repo about DDP. There are a lof of things I need to consider in 1.2.0.
- I am planning to make a good guide and push it to github pages, so if someone is willing to help and knows good constuctor or something like this you’re welcome