I am working in a startup. At first I was the only dev in my company and the best choice in speed and quality was Meteor. We also needed few mobile apps and we choosed Ionic. Working with naked DDP was a hell of the thing especially to non-experienced Meteor developer like me. Projects like Asteroid didn’t provide the proper functionality and documentation for DDP outside the Meteor world and not being maintained for few years. Our team started to grow and frontend developers not familiar with Meteor faced certain issues like learning new framework and build tools (Meteor), connecting their frontend framework with Meteor, pushing updates to UI in production without building the whole project in pipelines etc (and we started to think about client-less Meteor). So I decided to make a simple DDP library that would be something like a starter pack ‘everything you need to start working on a Meteor client outside the Meteor and be productive no matter what js frameworks or libs you use’. That’s how simpleDDP was born.
I built simpleDDP on top of Mondora’s ddp.js lib which I used in first versions of the apps.
- Full documentation
- Examples for Node.js and Ionic 3 (looking forward to any PR to add more examples)
- Plugin system (for now only one plugin for authorization, PR are welcome)
- Lots of promises, so you can use async/await with ease.
- Collections storage (actual state of all data you have got from your subscriptions)
- Built-in change listener for collections and objects inside the collections
SimpleDDP is battle tested in production, is maintained because our team uses it and it will continue to improve. We are going to add more examples and frontend recipes sharing our experience of working with Meteor.