New Meteor Meetups

Hello everyone!

I hope you are handling the constant lock-downs better than me. To make things a bit more bearable, together with @alimgafar and @filipenevola we have started working on a new site for Meteor meetups that we are opening to the public right now!

The idea is to use the Pathable platform that we use for Meteor Impact for organizing local and online meetups all in one convenient place!

There is still much to do, but we can tell you now that we will hold the official kick-off on Tuesday April 13th! With a presentation from me that will be an introduction to Meteor community, meetups and announcements about Meteor Impact 2021. Following that there is going to be a virtual hangout for anyone interested to chat and for me to answer any additional questions.

We are also looking for speakers and organizers of local communities. If you are interested, please send me a message and we’ll get you started. The same applies if you have any ideas.

Looking forward seeing you there!

12 Likes

Can I login with my Meteor account? Or do I have to use the account from the impact conference?

You will need to create a new account, but if you use the same e-mail as for Impact then it will carry some data over. Pathable is planning to add Meteor login in the future, but that it is a low priority.

@storyteller I feel silly to ask but I see a sign-in form but no register form. How can we join ?

1 Like

My apologie! Looks like I missed one setting. It is now possible on the login page to click to create a new account:

1 Like

Thanks. Could register.

1 Like

Just posted a quick article to dev.to about this:

Not sure if good place to ask, but I’d like to set up meteor meetups in Budapest when it’ll be possible to do live meetups, any recommendations on how to proceed ?

Just send me a message and I’ll get you started.