New version of Blaze Components: in-template event binding and server side rendering

New, 0.16.0, version of Blaze Components comes with in-template event binding (<button onClick={{onButtonClick}}>) and server side rendering.

9 Likes

I’m curious, what do you see as the future of Blaze and libraries that depend on it?

I can’t help but think of a phrase from Other People’s Money:

you know the surest way to go broke? Keep getting an increasing share of a shrinking market.

The way I see it, as MDG pushes React and its ecosystem more and more, Blaze will be used less and less. To the point that libraries that depend on Blaze will be only be used by a handful of people with old projects to maintain.

Maybe you have a different take on it :slight_smile:

1 Like

After upgrade I’m getting:

conflict: two packages included in the app (templating and peerlibrary:blaze-components) are both trying to handle *.html

Can’t speak directly for Mitar, but I’ll hazard to guess it has something to do with the W3C standards.

http://www.w3.org/standards/techs/components

For as much as Facebook is making a solid play for the front-end UI market, the fact of the matter (correct me if I’m wrong) is that they don’t have their own browser, and they certainly weren’t responsible for the V8 engine and Node. That’s all a result of Google’s doing.

And the makers of the web browsers… Google, Mozilla, Opera, Microsoft… they’re not ditching HTML for React. They’ll accommodate Facebook, sure. But at the end of the day, the browser makers are using the W3C standards.

And Blaze caters to that view of the world.

5 Likes

Please read the installation section.

Ha ha ha, do you think that Blaze Components is the only package I use? Some other packages are depending in templating.

That is not a problem. They can do that and it will work. Just your app as a whole should not depend on templating, if it depends on Blaze Components.

$ meteor remove blaze-html-templates
meteor remove templating
blaze-html-templates: removed dependency

$ meteor remove templating
templating is not in this project.

$ meteor add peerlibrary:blaze-components

Changes to your projects package version selections:

peerlibrary:assert            added, version 0.2.5
peerlibrary:base-component    added, version 0.14.0
peerlibrary:blaze-components  added, version 0.16.0
peerlibrary:computed-field    added, version 0.3.1
peerlibrary:data-lookup       added, version 0.1.0
peerlibrary:reactive-field    added, version 0.1.0

peerlibrary:blaze-components: Reusable components for Blaze

$ meteor
[[[[[ ~/Dev/Meteor/demo ]]]]]

=> Started proxy.
=> Started MongoDB.
=> Errors prevented startup:

While determining active plugins:
   error: conflict: two packages included in the app (templating and peerlibrary:blaze-components) are both trying to handle *.html

While determining active plugins:
   error: conflict: two packages included in the app (templating and peerlibrary:blaze-components) are both trying to handle *.html

=> Your application has errors. Waiting for file change.

Let’s move this discussion to https://github.com/peerlibrary/meteor-blaze-components/issues/111.