New version of Blaze released!

Hi, a few weeks ago we’ve release a new version of Blaze with many improvements.

You can check all the links here

Hot Module Replacement

I would like to highlight the final version of HMR for Blaze.

You can use HMR with Blaze to save time in development and it’s very simple to setup:

Add the packages hot-module-replacement and blaze-hot

meteor add hot-module-replacement blaze-hot

Also make sure your blaze-html-templates package is using version 1.2.0 or above.

Thanks to all contributors :slight_smile:

34 Likes

AWESOME. Long live Blaze.

8 Likes

Does it change anything in production ?

1 Like

There doesn’t seem to be any breaking changes.

2 Likes

There is already more work in Blaze, right now focused on slimming things down like removing deprecated code and removing heavy dependencies that we can do without. There is also some discussion (and work) on how to move Blaze to npm.

15 Likes

We are using Blaze in justdo.com . Thank you for your effort :pray:

4 Likes

Wow, that proves Blaze ain’t dead. Great!

2 Likes

Dead?! It just doesn’t have a Facebook or Google backed PR machine behind it.

It is fantastic :))

5 Likes

I agree. I was just referring to the frequent rumors it would be dead.

2 Likes

Great news! While we have moved to Svelte for many of our projects, SafeT1st still uses Blaze, and we couldn’t be happier to see it is still healthy! Thanks to all that contributed!

3 Likes

Blaze is the best!!!

5 Likes

@storyteller & @harry97 you folks are doing excellent work.

4 Likes

Just echoing that this is fantastic news. I’m a big fan of Blaze ever since I started with Meteor on New Years Day in 2016. That day was the 10 year mark for my web dev experience, and working with Blaze + Meteor made dev practically more exciting than when I first started.

These days outside of Meteor, I’m a huge proponent of Vue. I’ve considered a refactor with Meteor to use it, but it doesn’t make business sense for us. The performance is there, and the DevX is still magical. And with renewed vigor for Meteor, using Blaze is a great gateway drug for newcomers to Meteor. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Love to see the activity with Blaze! Gotta shout out to this idea to bring more awareness/support Implementing Flare - Single File Blaze Templates

Discussion on Meteor Forums Flare - Single File Blaze Templates

3 Likes

Kudos. Long live blaze!

2 Likes

WOW, Blaze is still one of the fastest UIs out there

1 Like