Newer option for mizzao:autocomplete

So, it’s been a while since I’ve made a project that needs an autocomplete field, but I used mizzao:autocomplete with Blaze in the past, and it worked great. However, when I try to add it now, the versioning gives dependency issues, so guessing it’s not kept up to date anymore.

Wondering if there are any solid options that work well with meteor? I tried to use a simple data-list, but doesn’t seem to want to give me the actual list options when using a collection as the helper source… of course that could just be me, or could be something about materialize-css not liking what I’m doing.

Anyway, any help would be much appreciated.

I’m using a datalist with some level of success, but would still like something more like what the mizzao package offered.

So unfortunately it looks like at some point this package was dumped onto Meteor Community Packages without going through the normal processes and thus has been sitting stagnant for awhile. Fortunately though, that means that if you wanted to put the work into PRing this into a working state, MySelf or possibly @storyteller might be persuaded into releasing a new version into the wild.

I’m not gonna lie, there’s a bit of work there. That being said you’d not only be bringing useful functionality into your application, but you’d also be doing the entire community a service as well. If you decide to do this and run into any issues, feel free to reach out. I’ve even been known to jump into liveshare sessions and help with issues from time to time.

2 Likes

Let me take a look and see if I think I can handle it. I’m a novice at best in most cases.