This site http://nodeframework.com/index.html divides node.js frameworks in four categories and I have an understanding problem with middleware and particularly with REST API. I have read a lot about these four categories and have still questions due to lack of experience.
- Does a full stack framework like Meteor contains MVC, REST API and Middleware? If yes, does every full stack framework contains these elements/categories(1,3,4) automatically?
- Who is responsive for data and database transfer/communication between server and client - Middleware or REST API? It seems to me that Middleware is depending on REST API?
- I don’t understand in what case should I write my own REST API?
- Middleware extend an existing framework with additional functionality - is this correct? If yes, what are “Other libraries” in the fourth category that are not Middleware?
- When I load data from MongoDB (or update my MongoDB collection) with Meteor or other full stack frameworks, do I use automatically REST API in the background? I can’t imagine what REST API exactly is.