Npm ERR! cb() never called!

Hi, newbie here. I am half way through an online course and it requires us to download course files and run an NPM install using Meteor. Error message keeps popping up and the mentor went MIA. Could anyone please give me a hand? I am already 2 weeks behind the course schedule because of this fundamental error. :frowning:

Thanks in advance!

C:\Users\13-ae063\Desktop\web_dev\week_4_image_share\week_4_image_share_es6_style>meteor npm install
npm ERR! cb() never called!

npm ERR! This is an error with npm itself. Please report this error at:
npm ERR! https://npm.community

npm ERR! A complete log of this run can be found in:
npm ERR! C:\Users\13-ae063\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2019-10-02T10_17_14_260Z-debug.log

Are you sure you are in a meteor directory? Not sure of the Windows command prompts, but if you list all files ls -la on Unix, I think dir /ah should work on Windows, you should see .meteor. If you don’t, check your path and change directories to where the application files are loaded.

Hi! Thanks for replying!! I was given a zip file, and was told to unzip the files, access the directory in terminal and install it with NPM.

There is a .meteor directory within the zip files. :confounded:

Have you tried deleting node_modules then run meteor npm install again?

just did it quickly and got the same error. :expressionless:

What version of Meteor is it? You can check in the file .meteor/release

Interesting that npm specifically says it’s an npm problem:

Can you post the contents of the log at C:\Users\13-ae063\AppData\Roaming\npm-cache_logs\2019-10-02T10_17_14_260Z-debug.log?

it says METEOR@1.4.2.3

log is here

This appears to be a complex bug within npm.

After skimming that bug report, there are a couple of things you could check/change:

1. Check if you are running behind a proxy (some people seem to believe this is linked).
  2. Check the version of npm that Meteor is using: meteor npm -v and report back.
  3. Try removing your package_lock.json file.
  4. Try adding a Windows Defender exception rule to your Meteor root folder.
1 Like

@robfallows THANKS! it worked right after I run

npm config rm proxy
npm config rm https-proxy

:smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Wow! That was easier than I thought :smile:

haha. but like most good things it didn’t quite last. i managed to run the app for the course, but run into another set of issues installing my assignment files :confounded:

Doh!

If it’s a different issue, open a new topic.

will do! :slight_smile: