Npm WARN when building for production

When I build my meteor app for production, I see the following npm warnings…

npm WARN deprecated hawk@3.1.3: This module moved to @hapi/hawk. Please make sure to switch over as this distribution is no longer supported and may contain bugs and critical security issues.
npm WARN deprecated hoek@2.16.3: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated boom@2.10.1: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).
npm WARN deprecated sntp@1.0.9: This module moved to @hapi/sntp. Please make sure to switch over as this distribution is no longer supported and may contain bugs and critical security issues.
npm WARN deprecated cryptiles@2.0.5: This version has been deprecated in accordance with the hapi support policy (hapi.im/support). Please upgrade to the latest version to get the best features, bug fixes, and security patches. If you are unable to upgrade at this time, paid support is available for older versions (hapi.im/commercial).

npm list <pkg>, doesn’t show anything, but a search shows them all to be in this location:

.meteor/local/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/

Is this something that I can rectify now? Or do I just wait until 1.9?

These modules don’t look familiar to me. Have you checked your package.json dependencies? This may be something you can fix by updating the version(s) of one or two packages.

meteor npm ls

I was trying to demonstrate that they occur in a a bare meteor package, and by pure chance, I’ve just discovered that they only seem to appear when the --port flag is used.

ironhide:foo crooney$ meteor create --bare meteor-bare
Created a new Meteor app in 'meteor-bare'.

To run your new app:
  cd meteor-bare
  meteor

If you are new to Meteor, try some of the learning resources here:
  https://www.meteor.com/tutorials

ironhide:foo crooney$ cd meteor-bare/
ironhide:meteor-bare crooney$ grep -R hawk@3.1.3 .
ironhide:meteor-bare crooney$ meteor
[[[[[ /private/tmp/foo/meteor-bare ]]]]]

=> Started proxy.
=> Started MongoDB.
=> Started your app.                         |

=> App running at: http://localhost:3000/
^C
ironhide:meteor-bare crooney$ meteor --port 3001
[[[[[ /private/tmp/foo/meteor-bare ]]]]]

=> Started proxy.
=> Started MongoDB.
=> Started your app.                         |

=> App running at: http://localhost:3001/
^C
grep: ./.meteor/local/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/sqlite3/node_modules/.bin/node-pre-gyp: No such file or directory
grep: warning: ./.meteor/local/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/@babel/runtime/helpers/builtin: recursive directory loop
./.meteor/local/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/uri-js/yarn.lock:hawk@3.1.3, hawk@~3.1.3:
./.meteor/local/dev_bundle/lib/node_modules/hawk/package.json:  "_id": "hawk@3.1.3",

Would you mind checking to see whether you can recreate this?

What version of Meteor are you using?

ironhide:meteor-bare crooney$ meteor --version
Meteor 1.8.1

I’ve reproduced that :+1:

I recommend creating an issue in GitHub. The fact it happens in a bare project is good!