Overriding local packages with Atmostphere hosted ones?

I’m sure there’s a simple answer for this, but I can’t think of it or seem to find it online at the moment:

I’ve forked a couple of Github repos for Atmosphere packages and I’ve got them installed locally with some tweaks. They do what I need them to do for a specific app’s use case, but now I would like to use the original Atmosphere hosted version of the package(s) to add to a fresh app with a different use case.

How do I ensure that meteor add package:name will grab the Atmosphere-hosted version and not my local version? Is there a way to tell the meteor add command to not look at the path associated with METEOR_PACKAGE_DIRS in my .bash_profile, and go straight to Atmosphere to get the package instead?

1 Like

Actually the local ones will always be in favour of the atmosphere ones. I usually have another folder that is on my .gitignore where I move the local packages in case I want to favour the atmosphere version.

1 Like

That’s a good idea, I could just add the path of the local package to .gitgnore. I commented out the METEOR_PACKAGE_DIRS variable from .bash_profile and realized that universally all local packages were ignored and that wasn’t going to work. :sweat_smile:

I did not clarify enough - you should only move this one package (you want to favour from atmosphere) into another folder and if this other folder is in your project you may also add it to the gitignore list.