Page load time in 1.8.2

Having upgraded from 1.8.1 to 1.8.2, the page load times have increased from almost instant to about 10 seconds. This is when developing, and after Meteor has performed a client refresh.

Has anyone else experienced this problem, or can suggest a solution?

Cheers

Hi, can you open an issue here https://github.com/meteor/meteor/issues/?

Also if you could provide a reproduction it would be very useful as we have many projects already running on 1.8.2 without this issue.

Thanks.

I assume you are actually talking about page load times and not the refresh / rebuild -time.

I’ve experienced a similar glitch 7-10 times, aka very rarely since I work with Meteor on a daily basis.

The server just becomes extremely slow to response. It can take 10-20 seconds for the first requests to be handled (from localhost!).

A simple restart always fixes the problem.

1 Like

Sorry for the delayed reply. I tried the update again now that 1.8.3 has been released, but still stuffer the same issue. It’s definitely the page load time rather than the rebuild time.

I’ve tried serval restarts, meteor resets, and clearing chrome cache, but to no avail.

We have quite a large project, so it’s hard to figure out where to start with debugging this issue.