Page not loading on IE and Safari

I’ve built a Meteor application that has been working fine except when using IE and Safari. I’m testing with IE11 and received the following errors. It works just fine on Chrome. I’ve run through a few different compatibility modes in IE but still a blank page with errors.

DOM7011: The code on this page disabled back and forward caching. For more information, see: Back navigation caching (Windows) | Microsoft Learn
contentDoor

SCRIPT1002: Syntax error
modules.js (52279,27)

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property ‘meteorInstall’ of undefined or null reference
es5-shim.js (17,1)

SCRIPT5007: Unable to get property ‘meteorInstall’ of undefined or null reference
promise.js (17,1)

ecmascript-runtime.js (17,1)

babel-runtime.js (17,1)

geojson-utils.js (17,1)

Continues the same error for the following;
MongoID, meteorInstall, Random, check, Symbol, DDP, LocalCollection, AllowDeny, $, Blaze, ObserveSequence, Template, ReactiveDict, Retry, Mongo

SCRIPT5009: ‘meteorInstall’ is undefined
app.js (1,1)

1 Like

How can I troubleshoot this more?

1. Here are the items I installed first. After running this script, Meteor was pulling up in Internet Explorer.

meteor add iron:router
meteor add http
meteor remove autopublish
meteor npm install --save babel-runtime
meteor npm install --save bcrypt

1. When I run these additional NPM commands I no longer get a response in IE. Without these libraries, my Meteor application errors and doesn’t load. After loading these, my app works fine in Chrome. I’m just having the issue in Safari and IE.

meteor npm install --save save colors ini nodemailer ftp-client queue datejs xmldom node-cmd optimist mssql xpath xmlbuilder

1. I also notice that when I go to load my IE browser, no error occur in the console logs. It feeds the template to the page but no errors on the server since it is on the client.

Hey @melban I’m having the same problems with IE11, did you manage to find a fix? Btw, edge works fine :sweat_smile:

I solved it by moving the conflicting file. Luckly, it didn’t have implications.

1. taking all my files out of the /lib directory.
  2. Placing them back one by one to find the culprit
  3. Moved it to the /server folder.

Thanks for the update!

I also solved it myself in the meantime. For me, the problem was importing this package: https://github.com/ezekg/download-in-browser. Commenting out import download from 'download-in-browser'; did the job. Just need to find a workaround or alternative package.

Can you share the package/snippet that was breaking for you, for future reference?

It was one of the following.

colors ini nodemailer ftp-client queue datejs xmldom node-cmd optimist mssql xpath xmlbuilder