I’m running into performance issue with infinite loading on mobile (iPhone). Anyone with experience? Using session variable as limit for subscription. Initial loading of 200 items loads almost instantly (<1s).
Increasing session var to increase limit (30 increments) however, the UI chokes, rendering 3-5 item chunks at a time for 20s+ until the 30 is done loading.
I’ve tried debugging if it’s any post processing on rendering I do that’s causing it but it’s not noticeable enough for the large difference in rendering speed. Especially since all items are rendered equally and first 200 loads fast, not subsequently. And the thing is this speed difference is only on mobile, on Chrome desktop there’s little slow down in subsequent loading.
My app is running latest Meteor (126.96.36.199). My impression for the drastic slowdown is on initial load, 200 items come in at once and gets rendered together. On subsequent items coming into the subscription, items are loading through the network and rendered piecemeal, and choking. I also use the fastRender package, but I’ve tried disabling that and makes no difference on performance described above.
If you like to take a look if this is indeed a Blaze performance issue with mobile Safari/Chrome (instead of my stupidity I’m not seeing after some hair pulling), please go to http://clubch.at/. Console outputs logs of “msg ()”, only the timestamp is of interest for each time a new item is “seen” in a Messages.find().observeChanges // added and rendered.