- I would like to apologize in advance if this issue was discussed before and I couldn’t find it, due to the fact that English is not my native language I may have phrased my search queries incorrectly. If so, could you link me to the correct thread.
- All the videos linked are made on a bare-bone application with the code linked at the end.
We are experiencing a problem that affects a noticeable percent of our user base.
When users are requested to log-in on our website they have the option to sign-in using Facebook, which was accomplished with accounts-Facebook.
The issue we are experiencing is connected to the fact that some users that surf from their smart-phones have the Facebook application installed and at some point they allowed 3rd party authorization/authentication to go through the app instead of in the browser. ( “Open with…” and Facebook was selected ).
This causes the app to not recognize the authentication request/response, and throws the following error on the server:
Error: No matching login attempt found 145546287
Is there any way to force the authentication to be through the mobile-browser, or some other fix that will still allow us to use the popup style?
We are using the default pop-up method it opens the application for a second, closes it, and the user remains UN-logged.
One of the suggested fixes I did manage to find stated that I can change authorization style from popup to redirect.
- Redirect is not possible because of the way the app is built, the user should be able to log-in without loosing the state of the app. Implementing any session saving is not an option currently, and there is no actual need for it besides the current issue.
- When redirect is active, the mobile app still opens to verify the users. but the web flow continues inside Facebook’s own web container instead of going back to the browser.
- And after it opens in the webView for some reason we still need to press login again for it to register. nice UX
If I disable the application on the smartphone, it works correctly.
Playlist of the 3 options tested, popup and redirect with APP and popup without APP
Also here is a link to a gist with the code used for this bare-bones test, the app is minimal, only login/logout button displayed and that’s basically it.
All other package versions in the gist