Possible to build against older Android SDKs?

Is it possible (with latest Meteor) to build a mobile app with a specific Android SDK?
The bundled Cordova requires android-22 specifically, and there doesn’t seem to be a way to change that.

Cordova Android (this is not Meteor specific) is pinned to a specific version of the Android SDK (currently android-22, but android-23 in the 5.0.0 release).

That doesn’t mean you can’t build for other versions though. You can configure both a target Android SDK version and a minimum version in your mobile-config.js (these just map directly to settings in Cordova’s config.xml, and Cordova then changes the appropriate entries in AndroidManifest.xml):

App.setPreference('android-targetSdkVersion', '22');
App.setPreference('android-minSdkVersion', '14');

Also see this page in the Android documentation for more information on API levels and how to support them.

Do you have a URL where that is officially stated? (I want to watch for changes.)

Forgot to say thanks for that.

Much obliged!

Hi, does this still apply for Meteor 1.6?

We have issue that new cordovabuild are 25/26 and this means a huge proportion of Android users cannot view the app -eg still on version 23

Sepcifically form the guide>

Make sure to select the correct version of the Android Studio SDK Tools:

Meteor 1.4.3.1 or later: Android SDK Tools v.25.2.x (mac, linux, windows) or v.26.0.0 or later
v.25.3.0 will not work due to extensive changes. See issue #8464 for more information.
Meteor 1.4.2.x or before: Android SDK Tools v.23 (mac, linux, windows)

By reading this it seems like

App.setPreference('android-targetSdkVersion', '22');
App.setPreference('android-minSdkVersion', '14');

Won’t work? Can you please confirm.

thanks

@martijnwalraven can you please help confirm how we build for older Android platforms with Meteor 1.6 … I am not sure the android-minSdkVersion it seems the default was sdk 16 … but Androidn store says my APK with SDK 23 is still needed to support a heap of users . Any help appreciated