I’ve written a new viewmodel package for Meteor, inspired by
The point of using viewmodels in Meteor is to reduce the amount of code and make things more declarative. In some cases, pretty radically so.
My reason for writing a new package was that I felt things could be simplified quite a bit, while preserving the full power of the VM pattern. I believe I’ve accomplished my goal, but at the same time have added some useful features.
I’m working a bit closer with Blaze, compared to
manuel:viewmodel, in the way that everything is registered as helpers, and instead of having bindings such as
text, you are encouraged to use helpers in the standard way.
Importantly, bind declarations work inside
Among other features are:
- Persist viewmodel state across hot code push
- Optionally persist viewmodel state across navigation (new route and then back button)
- Optionally keep instances of the same viewmodel in sync on the page
- Very easy and declarative bindings API
- Automatic creation of undeclared viewmodels and properties
- And more, as they say…
This package showed out to be a great fit for ES2015, by the way, which I highly recommend using.
Check it out and give me your opinions