Problem: Meteor 2.3.1, mup, abernix/meteord:node-12-base [Solved]

We just updated to Meteor 2.3.1, and mup deploy failed with this message:

Meteor requires Node v14.0.0 or later.

The problem appears to be that our mup.js file specifies:

docker: { image: 'abernix/meteord:node-12-base', },

I checked Docker and could not find a Node 14 version of meteord. If I understand things correctly, then the simplest solution might be for @abernix to create a docker container for meteor with Node 14 as the base?

Or can anyone recommend another docker container?

It would seem to me that Meteor Up cannot be used with Meteor 2.3.1 until an appropriate docker container is available.

Or am I misunderstanding things?

1 Like

OK, a little more research and I found the solution:

4 Likes

Thanks for the help! I was irrationally and stubbornly focusing my attention on abernix/meteord without taking a look at zodern/meteor.

meteor 2.3.2
image: ā€˜zodern/meteor:latestā€™

any suggestions?

Verifying Deployment: FAILED

------------------------------------STDERR------------------------------------
	      d
	  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
	                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0curl: (7) Failed to connect to 172.17.0.4 port 3000: Connection refused
	=> Logs:
	  reason: TopologyDescription {
	    type: 'Single',
	    setName: null,
	    maxSetVersion: null,
	    maxElectionId: null,
	    servers: Map(1) {
	      'aws-ap-southeast-1-portal.2.dblayer.com:16969' => ServerDescription {
	        address: 'aws-ap-southeast-1-portal.2.dblayer.com:16969',
	        error: Error [ERR_TLS_CERT_ALTNAME_INVALID] [ERR_TLS_CERT_ALTNAME_INVALID]: Hostname/IP does not match certificate's altnames: Host: aws-ap-southeast-1-portal.2.dblayer.com. is not in the cert's altnames: DNS:*.outrun-mongodb.1775483636.composedb.com

@abernix , are you planning to update your Docker image in the near time?

1 Like

Hello,
I think it will be time for an update of the docker image. I took the opportunity to do one here for node 14 and its compatible with meteor 2.5.1 :
docker pull guillim/meteord:node14.18.2