Problems adding unpackaged glyphicons


#1

I’m writing my first meteor app.
I can use glyphicons if I use packages like axw:ratchet or mizzao:bootstrap-3. But if I wanna use icons that don’t have a package I end up with weird symbols instead of the correct glyph.

Are there any tuts about how to create meteor wrapper. Having had a look into the packages there doesn’t seem much to them. I don’t understand enough to write one. But I’d guessing you don’t need to maybe they just exist for convenience.
Other styles work fine. I’ve got the in client/css with other stylus files

I found this related Q n’ A on so … http://stackoverflow.com/questions/19848893/meteor-bootstrap-3-glyphicons-not-working

Have tried putting the assets in public

public/fonts/flaticon.eot
public/fonts/flaticon.svg
public/fonts/flaticon.ttf
public/fonts/flaticon.woff

Then the css is in client/css/flaticon.css

The css is

@font-face {
font-family: “Flaticon”;
src: url(“fronts/flaticon.eot”);
src: url(“flaticon.eot#iefix”) format(“embedded-opentype”),
url(“fronts/flaticon.woff”) format(“woff”),
url(“fronts/flaticon.ttf”) format(“truetype”),
url(“fronts/flaticon.svg”) format(“svg”);
font-weight: normal;
font-style: normal;
}
[class^=“flaticon-”]:before, [class*=" flaticon-"]:before,
[class^=“flaticon-”]:after, [class*=" flaticon-"]:after {
font-family: Flaticon;
font-size: 20px;
font-style: normal;
margin-left: 20px;
}.flaticon-car178:before {
content: “\e000”;
}
.flaticon-fuel15:before {
content: “\e001”;
}
.flaticon-info5:before {
content: “\e002”;
}
.flaticon-light97:before {
content: “\e003”;
}
.flaticon-park9:before {
content: “\e004”;
}
.flaticon-spanner9:before {
content: “\e005”;
}
.flaticon-telephone5:before {
content: “\e006”;
}
.flaticon-vehicle34:before {
content: “\e007”;
}

A SO answer bellow that talks about the bootstrap-3 package but it doesn’t explain the various elements


#2

Your css should be in public, not client. Also, you have misspelled font as front in your css.


#3

if I put the font folder in public and the flaticon.css (less the typo) in the project root it seems to work … thanks